PAN GRILLED RIB EYE
(Fully Marinated Australian Rib Eye Pan Grilled To Satiety)
Staying in a condo with quite small kitchen sometimes
presents asymmetrical ease more so when grill-time comes.
Expecting for friends’ visit, my daughter allowed me to do the main.
Dashed to Tiong Bahru Public Market (30 Seng Poh Road, Singapore),
my favorite spot when cooking special preps necessitates.
Got myself 2.5 kilos of Australian rib eye, sliced ¾ to an inch thick. Perfect.
Hustle comes to fore during pan grilling as smoke will surely fill the entirety
of the kitchen or the unit itself.
And having beef done at ground floor poolside-grill area was a no no.
It was drizzling.
In view, I need to marinate beef in spices-herbs combi with enzyme tenderizer
to minimize cook-time but ensuring thereby tenderness and juicier bite.
Okay. Let’s do it.
Prep time: 3.5 hours
Cook time: 1 hour
Total time: 4.5 hours
Prep and Cooking media: serrated grill/roasting pan, oil brush, tongs
2.5 kilos rib eye sliced ¾” to 1 inch thick
300 ml. red wine (any sweet or semi sweet red still you wish)
100 ml. pineapple juice
60 grams Papaya enzyme tenderizer (seasoned-meaning salt and other
ingredients are already added. McCormick sells this.)
1 bulb garlic, crushed, thinly minced
10 grams sea salt
5 grams ground black pepper
4 grams nutmeg powder
4 grams coriander powder
4 grams Spanish paprika powder
2 grams dried thyme leaves
OPTIONAL 3 grams MSG
BASTE BEFORE PAN GRILLING:
50 ml. EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
½ bar butter (any)
- In suitable stainless bowl, mix and tumble well all Marinade
- Ensuring beef is submerged even just half of its thickness, line up slices.
- In ref or chiller (NOT FREEZER) marinate for 1.5 hours. Afterwhich, turn to other side and again marinate for 1.5 hours.
- Remove from marinade and set aside.
- If you wish, scoop out all solids of the marinade and fry later to be your top coat before serving.
- In a bowl, combine butter and EVOO. Heat. Tossing constantly, melt
- Brush to all sides of beef slices.
- Heat pan. When smoking, lay beef slices in batches and grill for 3-4 minutes each side. Grill time depends on your preferences as to cook-state of beef.
- Fry marinade solids a bit and put as garnish to grilled beef.
DISCLAIMER: Above are test kitchen and household-produced dishes. All ingredients utilized are of food grade quality passing international and domestic sanitary standards. While we find the results highly acceptable, no guarantee nor explicit assurance is hereby issued when recipe is performed by readers. For one, although of similar breed, spices, herbs and other ingredients vary from country to country/region to region that possibility of affecting end taste, aroma & bite-feel is great. Further thereto, mentioned sensory evaluation (aroma, taste, mouth-feel) is subjective.