(Fusion of German Meat Pan Grilled with Mediterranean Baste)
Smell, alone, while grilling will tickle your palate.
Serve this Greek style kebab with a different focus on utilized meat.
Prep time: 45 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Total time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Prep and Cooking media: 8 pieces bamboo skewers soaked in water, skewers, roasting pan, sauce bowl and oil brush
For Pan Grilling:
8 pieces bratwurst cut into 2
4 small tomatoes sliced into 2
2 small red onions quartered
8 slices of cucumber
4 slices of halloumi cheese (or any semi hard white cheese you wish)
For Basting Sauce
80 ml. olive oil
10 ml. lemon juice
30 grams yogurt (any or Greek one should you wish)
5 grams salt
3 grams ground oregano
2 grams ground black pepper
2 grams dried thyme leaves
2 grams ground garlic
2 grams ground coriander
1. Boil bratwurst for 5 minutes. Set aside
2. In suitable bowl whisk well until fully dissolved all ingredients for basting.
3. Summon wet skewer and slip in tomato, bratwurst, cucumber, onion, bratwurst again then lastly cheese. Make batches in this order of skewing.
4. Heat pan. Before putting in enough number of skewers pan can hold, whisk again sauce, dip brush and baste all skewers thoroughly repeatedly. This will allow flavour to sip in. Baste constantly while grilling.
5. Pan grill to desired done-ness.
6. SERVE and witness your loved ones’ eyes go wide open saying…WOW!
DISCLAIMER: Above are test kitchen and household-produced dishes. All ingredients utilized are of food grade quality passing international and domestic sanitary standards. While we find the results highly acceptable, no guarantee nor explicit assurance is hereby issued when recipe is performed by readers. For one, although of similar breed, spices, herbs and other ingredients vary from country to country/region to region that possibility of affecting end taste, aroma & bite-feel is great. Further thereto, mentioned sensory evaluation (aroma, taste, mouth-feel) is subjective.