BACON INFUSED ROASTED POTATO
(Potato Wedged With Bacon Slices To Spread Flavor Thereof While Roasting)
Again, a different approach this time.
Instead of wrapping potatoes with bacon, slices of latter are infused/wedged in between slits to spread their smokey-salty flavor while potatoes are roasted.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Total time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Cooking media: range oven, basting brush, roasting pan
8 pieces medium skin-on potatoes, fully cleaned, 3 X ¼ inch slits each-leaving about ¼ inch to the bottom
24 slices of round bacon (any brand)-each slice can easily be inserted unto slits
120 grams melted cheese blended with 20ml. full cream milk, 3 grams garlic powder and 10 ml. honey
30ml. EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
OPTIONAL 2 grams fine MSG
- Pre heat oven to 320deg.F (160deg.C)
- Brush EVOO to all sides of potatoes, sprinkle with OPTIONAL MSG and pop-in unto mid section of oven. Roast for 5 minutes.
- Withdraw and let cool. Insert 3 bacon slices unto slits.
- Back to oven-roast for 8-10 more minutes. Time will depend on the type bacon you have. Play it by sight.
- Withdraw and drizzle with cheese-milk-honey-garlic solution.
- SERVE and witness your loved ones’ eyes go wide open saying…WOW!
DISCLAIMER: Above are test kitchen and household-produced dishes. All ingredients utilized are of food grade quality passing international and domestic sanitary standards. While we find the results highly acceptable, no guarantee nor explicit assurance is hereby issued when recipe is performed by readers. For one, although of similar breed, spices, herbs and other ingredients vary from country to country/region to region that possibility of affecting end taste, aroma & bite-feel is great. Further thereto, mentioned sensory evaluation (aroma, taste, mouth-feel) is subjective.