RED WINE IMMERSED BELLY
(Pork Belly Marinated in Red Wine, Spices and Herbs)
A simple but different approach to the usually salted and peppered fried pork.
Easy. Quick. Tasteful.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Total time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Prep and Cooking media: marinating bowl, frying medium, tongs and slotted frying shovel
500 grams (1/2 kilo) 1 inch thick-skin on sliced pork belly
200 ml. red wine (any sweet or semi sweet red still you wish)
25 ml. sesame oil
3 grams fine salt
2 grams ground black pepper
2 grams chili powder
3 grams onion powder
2 grams garlic powder
2 grams nutmeg powder
1 gram Spanish paprika
3 grams hot sauce (any-Tabasco or Red Devil or Dante’s Inferno)
OPTIONAL 2 grams fine MSG
enough frying palm oil (or palm olein)
- In suitable bowl whisk well until fully dissolved all ingredients except pork slices and frying oil.
- Marinate unto fridge for 2 hours.
- Heat oil. Drain a bit and fry belly by batches. For 1-inch thick meat, 1-2 minutes frying time for both sides will be enough. 2-hour marinating time will render tenderness and juicier bite.
- Shovel up, pat dry and arrange unto serving plate with little greens for more enticing palate appeal.
- SERVE and witness your loved ones’ eyes go wide open saying…WOW!
DISCLAIMER: Above are test kitchen and household-produced dishes. All ingredients utilized are of food grade quality passing international and domestic sanitary standards. While we find the results highly acceptable, no guarantee nor explicit assurance is hereby issued when recipe is performed by readers. For one, although of similar breed, spices, herbs and other ingredients vary from country to country/region to region that possibility of affecting end taste, aroma & bite-feel is great. Further thereto, mentioned sensory evaluation (aroma, taste, mouth-feel) is subjective.