CHRISTMAS EVE’S SLOW ROASTED BEEF
(Beef’s Fall-Off Tenderness Best Suited For Christmas Eve’s Family Bonding)
Again, with unanimity amongst my grandkids, beef…roasted or grilled
or tenderized-fully marinated then deep fried…is a MUST for me to undertake
and serve at center stage for our yearly 24th fam bonding.
Who am I to reject?
And so let’s dissect how I did it.
Prep time: 3 hours
Cook time: 3 hours 15 minutes
Total time: 6 hours 15 minutes
Cooking media: oven, oil/melted butter brush, foil, brine injector (a big sized plastic syringe with corresponding needle will be fine), meat thermometer
Game plan: Check what you can accomplish worthwhile during marinating and roasting processes.
3 kilos fully cleaned, trimmed and rectangularly-cut beef short plate
PUMPING (INJECTING) SOLUTION:
500 ml. red wine (any, dry or sweet)
100 ml. pineapple juice
2 bulbs garlic, crushed, sliced in half
10 grams sea salt
5 grams ground black pepper
5 grams nutmeg powder
5 grams coriander powder
4 grams Spanish paprika powder
OPTIONAL 4 grams MSG
80 ml. EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
10 grams ground black pepper
- Dissolve unto wine ALL granulated and powder ingredients ofPumping Solution. Toss and tumble well until solids are reduced to barest minimum.
- With brine injector, PUMPED (inject) on all sides and part of beef your marinade. Ensure well marinade-injected meat. Set aside left over marinade and the crushed garlic in them.
- Refrigerate for minimum 3 hours to ensure full-flavor penetration and beef-flesh absorption.
- Lay beef in suitable roasting pan and pour in EVOO covering all sides.
- Sprinkle ground black pepper and cover with 2 layers of foil. Ensure there will be no holes for liquid to slip out.
- Heat oven to 320deg.F. (160deg.C). Pop in foiled meat. Roast for 3 hours.
NOTE: It is on this stage where there will be lots of meat juices sipping out but contained inside that it helps in tastier cooking of our beef. This meat-juice can be used for GRAVY. Just add little butter, sugar, soy sauce to
taste plus corn starch with little water (slurry) to thicken.
- Retrieve beef. Open foil on top and scoop/pour out liquid drippings into a container. Set aside for use as gravy later.
- Increase oven temp to 400deg.F (204deg.C). With open foil on top, scatter the set aside crushed garlic used in the marination process plus a little more sprinkling of EVOO and wedge again beef unto oven (this is thetop browning stage).
- Brownmeat for another 10-15 minutes (this depends on your visual “feel” how “brownly seared” you prefer your beef.DONE.
- Check the pic for garnish idea. SERVE to loved ones this New Year’s Eve.
DISCLAIMER: Above are test kitchen and household-produced dishes. All ingredients utilized are of food grade quality passing international and domestic sanitary standards. While we find the results highly acceptable, no guarantee nor explicit assurance is hereby issued when recipe is performed by readers. For one, although of similar breed, spices, herbs and other ingredients vary from country to country/region to region that possibility of affecting end taste, aroma & bite-feel is great. Further thereto, mentioned sensory evaluation (aroma, taste, mouth-feel) is subjective.